- for, for the (followed
by a feminine singular noun, e.g., one ending in -ing).
- Stichting ter Bevordering van de Duiksport — Foundation for the Advancement of Scubadiving
- in the
- De Katholieke Universiteit Leuven is de oudste universiteit van de Nederlanden en tevens de oudste nog bestaande katholieke universiteit ter wereld. — The Catholic University of Leuven is the oldest university of the Low Countries and also the oldest still existing catholic university in the world.
- Like ten, "ter" occurs mostly in fixed idiomatic expressions, although with words on -ing, -te, -heid etc. that are feminine, it enjoys a limited productivity:
- ter wikifiëring -- intended to be wikified.
Ter can refer to the following:
- Ter, the word for festival in Kokborok
- The River Ter in Essex
- The Ter River in Catalonia
- Ter, an ancient town 450 km southeast of Mumbai, in Osmanabad, India
- The third instance of a thing, thus following bis
- Eastern Armenian for "Lord" - honorific title of ordained clergy (before Christian name) and their descendants (before surname). Western Armenian equivalent is "Der".
TER can refer to the following:
- Technology Electronic Review
- Transphase Eradication Rod (Stargate SG-1)
- The Erotic Review, An online database dedicated to reviews of female escorts
- TER (train type), an advanced Spanish train developed by Goicoechea
- Transport express régional, a regional service of the SNCF French rail network
- Tertiary Entrance Rank
- Total Expense Ratio, performance measure for investment funds
- The NYSE stock symbol of Teradyne, Inc.
- Lajes Air Base, the IATA airport code
ter in Breton: Ter
ter in German: TER
ter in Esperanto: TER
ter in French: Ter
ter in Italian: TER
ter in Kölsch: TER (Watt ėßß datt?)
ter in Sicilian: TER